-> Install “Microsoft System CLR types for SQL server 2012” from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=29065. Once you open the link, Click on “Install Instructions”. Search for “SQLSysClrTypes.msi” and Install the file as per your platform.
-> Install “MICROSOFT REPORT VIEWER” from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35747
-> SQLNexus can be downloaded from https://sqlnexus.codeplex.com/.
-> Save and extract the file. In my case the file is “SQLNexus5.5.01.zip”.
-> Navigate to the extracted location and double click “sqlnexus.exe”.
1) Enter the SQL server instance name where you need to load the PSSDIAG output data and click connect. Usually SQL Nexus should be installed on a test server or on your desktop. It should never be installed on production server and used for loading the data.
2) Create a new database from SQL server management studio and select it in the “Current DB” combo box or select “<New Database>” from “Current DB” combo box and enter proper database name where the PSSDIAG output should be loaded.
3) Click on “Import” which is marked as 3 in the above screenshot and provide the PSSDIAG output folder location. For example, f:\temp\pssdiag\output. Wait for the import to complete. Once the import completes you can follow the below,
Analyzing the data from SQL Nexus
1) Once the import completes. Click on “SQL Perf Main” and you will see all the available report on the Right side.
2) Click on the required reports and analyze further. You an also look at the PSSDIAG database directly from the SQL server management studio.
The views expressed on this blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my company or anyone else. All postings on this blog are provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
One thought on “Install and Configure SQLNexus”